“I’ll Google it.”
Once upon a time, “Google” was strictly a noun, the name of a company that had produced a mechanism to look all over the internet for a given subject. They got so good at it that “Google” is now a verb as much as a noun. Just about any subject you can possibly think of can be answered with “I’ll Google it.”
Google is certainly the most well-known search engine, but there are many more – Bing, Yahoo, Pinterest and a whole host of others. Whatever search engine someone uses, the aim of every business is to come up at the top of the hundreds or thousands of results from the search. The methods used to get your business to the top of that list is known as Search Engine Optimization, or SEO.
You can approach SEO in multiple ways. Some choose to do it themselves, working various techniques to get SEO for their business. Another approach is to hire another person or business to tackle the SEO for you. These services are known as SEO content writing or SEO content writing service.
If you Google “SEO service provider,” Google will tell you there were more than 41 million results. With that many results, you know there are a lot of companies out there that want to be your provider. That many results also indicates that there are plenty of providers you want to avoid.
How do you know which way to go? Hiring the wrong provider could be very hazardous to your business. Let’s take a look at 5 mistakes to avoid when hiring an SEO service provider.
- Not doing proper research – While you definitely don’t want to research 41 million providers, you will definitely want to take some time to make sure you hire the best SEO content writing service. Take time to examine the reviews previous customers have posted. Ask lots of questions. Make sure the provider has your best interest as a priority.
- Falling for “secret” or “Special” SEO presentations – Google has recently changed their algorithms so that they focus on “organic” content, or content that is natural in the way it appears. SEO content writing is more marketing-focused, so if any firm claims to have secret or proprietary tools that will produce results no one ese can is potentially using tools that violate Google policies, and that could get you in trouble.
- Reluctance to provide references – It’s hard to imagine why anyone applying for a job would not want to provide references. That’s what is happening here – the SEO content writing service is applying for the job of doing your SEO content writing. If they don’t want to provide references, there is probably something they are trying to hide.
- Pressure To Sign Right Now – Most reasonable people and companies will understand if you say, “I’m still exploring, and have some other candidates I want to talk to before I commit.” Any SEO content writing service that pushes hard for you to sign before the first meeting is adjourned probably is only concerned about “making the sale” and less about giving you the service that you need. Also, if they insist you sign a long-term contract, that may be an indication that their service will not meet your expectations and they want to ensure you have to stay with them.
- Treating every business the same – One-Size-Fits-All packages rarely fit anyone, let alone everyone. Why would an SEO content writing company employ the exact same strategy for a trucking company and a tech firm? A company that wants to help your business will do some work to know your business, instead of walking in with a pre-determined box of tasks that they insist will work for every single company.
As a good business owner, you already know that you have to approach every aspect of your business with care so that you will continue to grow and prosper. Done right, SEO will bring your more awareness and more business. As long as you avoid these mistakes when hiring an SEO service provider, you will have success. We’ll see you at the top of the list next time we hear, “I’ll Google it.”